Today, I would like to introduce “Hyaluronic Acid” to everyone even you are very sensitive skin. Hyaluronic acid is one of the newer wonder ingredients touted by the beauty industry. The dermatologic and aesthetic benefits of Hyaluronic Acid are too numerous to count. Here are just ten of the amazing ways that Hyaluronic acid enhances the health and appearance of your skin and why KATHLEEN has chosen to use this exquisite ingredient in their best sellers.
1. Hydration – Able to hold up to 1000 times its molecular weight in water, hyaluronic acid penetrates the skin and binds skin cells to water, infusing all layers of the skin with valuable, rejuvenating moisture.
2. Humectant – After infusing the epidermis with valuable moisture, hyaluronic acid continues to draw moisture in from the surrounding environment to provide lasting hydration benefits.
3. Lipid barrier enhancement – Hyaluronic acid fortifies the skin’s natural barriers to lock moisture in for an even more dramatic hydrating effect.
4. Increased resilience – By enhancing the skin’s natural barriers, the skin is better able to defend itself against environmental age-factors and pollutants.
5. Tighter skin tone – As it fills the skin with moisture, Hyaluronic acid tightens the overall complexion and firms facial contours for a more youthful appearance.
6. Smoother texture – Much in the same way it tightens the skin, it also smoothes the texture of the skin for a silky smooth finish you can see and feel.
7. Less visible fine lines and wrinkles – Hyaluronic acid reduces the size and visibility of fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating skin cell production of collagen and elastin, two fibers that contribute to skin elasticity.
8. Stimulates skin cell regeneration – In addition to stimulating skin cell production of collagen, hyaluronic acid promotes skin cell regeneration for healthier cells and a more vibrant complexion.
9. Pigmentation – A description of hyaluronic acid wouldn’t be complete without mentioning ability to reduce and prevent age spots and pigmentation issues.
10. Clarity – By promoting proper moisture balance in the skin, hyaluronic acid prevents the over-production of oil that clogs pores to cause breakouts.
After years of researching and testing, Hyaluronic Acid can now be produced from plant cells from 2009. To enjoy ‘clean’ Hyaluronic Acid in all its moisturizing, anti-aging glory, try KATHLEEN’s Caviar Enrich Eye Cream, Amazing White Illuminating Serum or Glamour Ageless Anti-Aging Serum.
If you found this post interesting, you might also like Shea Butter is the skin’s best friend, Amazing White Illuminating Serum and the Beauty Shortlist Awards.
Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging by Eleni Papkonstantinou, Michael Roth and George Karakiulakis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583886/
Production methods for Hyaluronan, Carmen Boeriu, Jan Springer, Floor Kooy, Lambertus Broek, Gerrit Eggink https://www.hindawi.com/archive/2013/624967/