Ginseng root is considered as the most precious and superstition plant among herbs in Asia medicine, particularly in Korea, India and China. It has been used as a tonic for at least five thousand years. The genus name Panax (Pan=all + axos=medicine) means ‘cure all’ in Greek. At present, no wild-growing ginseng can be found. Ginseng i only available from cultivation in Korea, China, Japan, Bulgaria, America and eastern Russia. Harvest takes place during September and October.
Benefits of Ginseng Root
- Induce Collagen/ Reduce Wrinkles
Scientists found skin ageing appears to be principally to be related to a decrease in levels of ‘Type I collagen’, the primary component of the dermal layer of skin. In the course of finding collagen production-promotion agents, scientists found that ginseng root promotes collagen production in human fibroblast cells and induce the biochemical process ‘phosphorylation’, an important transcription factor in the production of Type I collagen. (Lee 2007). Ginseng root helps to promote the Type I collagen production. In this result it helps give the skin a firmer, brighter and more youthful looking
- Wound Healing/ Calming
Medical studies have shown Ginseng can speed up the healing of burns, even in low doses. Ginseng root is such a valuable herb medicine because of its ability to encourage skin regeneration. It was found that wounds are known to react very well to the healing properties of ginseng. (Choi 2002)
Ginseng is a natural resource of antioxidants due to its natural actives including Salicylic Acid, Vanillic Acid, and Ginsenosides.
- Boosting of Blood Circulation
Ginseng enhances the overall circulatory pattern which brings fresh oxygen to improve cellular energy production and improve fatigue.
Kathleen Natural only uses high-grade Ginseng root extract in our Caviar Enrich Eye Cream (15ml £78.00). Whether you want to find the best eye cream for dark circles, wrinkles or puffiness, this advance formula will refresh and restore your peepers. This little pot has been packed with 23 actives ingredients including caviar, marine collagen, algae, ginseng, silk peptides, barley, horsetail, sandalwood, green coffee, black willow back and phellodendron, hyaluronic acid and sea buckthorn etc. It promotes the firming and lifting of the skin surrounding the eyes, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Over time, you will notice the under eye area looking more lifted and brighter.
Yes, it is expensive because it works.
Today, we celebrate the May bank holidays, you can get 50% off (Original £78 Now £39) for this luxurious Caviar Enrich Eye Cream by entering voucher code ‘Caviar50’ when you check out. Ends Sunday, 3rd of June 2018. Shop now.
If you found this post interesting, you might also like Why Caviar Enrich Eye Cream won the Natural Health International Beauty Awards 2017? ,
- Brief Introduction of Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer, J Korean Med Sci 2001; 16(Suppl): S3-5, The Korean Academy of Medical Sciences
- Provital Group Ginseng Technical Report V03 11-11
- Lee J, Jung E, Huh S, Kim J, Park M, So J, Ham Y, Jung K, Hyun CG, Kim YS, Park D, 2007, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, ‘Panax ginseng induces human Type I collagen synthesis through activation of Smad signaling’.
- Choi S, 2002, Archives of Pharmacal Research, ‘Epidermis proliferative effect of the Panax ginseng ginsenoside Rb2’.
- Keum, Y.S., Park, K.K,; Lee, J.M., Chun, K.S., Park, J.H., Lee, S.K.;,Kwon, H., Surh, J. , 2000 Science Direct “Antioxidant and anti-tumor promoting activities of the methanol extract of heat-processed ginseng.”
- Kang J, Lee N, Ahn Y, Lee H, 2013 Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine “Study on improving blood flow with Korean red ginseng substances using digital infrared thermal imaging and Doppler sonography: randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial with parallel deisgn”
- Jockers, ‘6 Amazing Health Benefits of Ginseng’, https://drjockers.com/health-benefits-ginseng/