Better skin in two months? Improve your skin complexion and texture with these tips from the experts. We have to swap out some daily habits and be more aware of other lifestyle factors that could help you figure out how to get better skin.
It may sound ‘old-school’. Washing your face is super important as it cleans away dirt, oil, bacteria and traces of make-up that would otherwise be left sitting on your skin. This includes touching your mobile phone to your ear, touching your face as you brush away loose strands of hair, or even accidentally touching your face during the day. Not washing your face lays the ground work for clogged pores, irritated skin and breakouts. Plus, the stakes get even higher if you are also wearing a face full of makeup.
- Stick to washing your face twice a day – once in the morning to cleanse any oil and dirt that has built up overnight, and once in the evening to remove any dirt, bacteria and make-up.
- Use a non-soap cleanser that is suited to your skin. If possible, try to avoid harsh chemicals as these can be irritating and drying out your skin. Choose a ‘non-soap’ and natural cleanser that helps to maintain your skin’s pH balance, leaving your skin feels fresh, clean without dryness .
- Treat your skin gentle. Use pure cotton muslin cloths for gently exfoliation, lifting away dead skin cells to reveal smoother and clearer looking skin.
- Choose natural skin care that is rich in essential oils, herbal extracts, natural vitamins and plant-based extracts that are assimilated easily and quickly by the skin. Check out Kathleen Natural Refreshing and Lightening Cleansing Lotion.
2. Drink Water
Even with a small amount of dehydration, your body functions in a less optimal way. It will take a toll on your skin, causing it to look dull, flaky, saggy and loose.
- You need to drink a minimum of 2.5-3 liters (6 to 8 glasses) of water per day.
- Drinking water also helps to eliminate toxins from your body.
- If drinking water isn’t your thing, you can drink herbal tea or add slices of lemon to your drink.
- Water is your best friend and it helps keep skin healthy, smooth and plump!
3. Skin Hydration
Skin hydration keeps the top layer of skin cells hydrated and seals in moisture, and emollients to smooth the spaces between skin cells.
- Apply water-based formula immediately after face washing.
- Choose the natural ingredients like Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, Marula Oil and Glycerin. Check out Kathleen Natural’s Silk Miracle Essence.
- Avoid too close to the fireplace or humidifier that can dry out your skin. Check out Kathleen Natural’s Rebalancing and Soothing Tonifying Mist.
- Avoid chemicals, like parabens, alcohol ethanol, SLS and PEGs because your skin absorbs them.
Eat healthy helps keep your skin, hair and nails glowing. Our expects provide the following tips.
- Vitamins are nutrients your body needs to work properly and stay healthy. Cheese, oily fish and eggs contain Vitamin A. Oatmeal, eggs and fresh fruits contain Vitamin B. Lemons, oranges, bell peppers and cauliflowers contain Vitamin C. Olives, spinach, nuts and seeds contain Vitamin E. Leafy green vegetables, meats and dairy products contain Vitamin K.
- Oily Fish is rich in essential omega-3 fatty acids that work to hydrate and lock moisture into cells.
- Mangoes, Tomatoes and Berries contain compounds with antioxidant properties. Eat less saturated fats, sugar and salts.
5. Skin Nutrition
Even the best skin cleansing routine your skin still looks dry, dull, red or flaky in your 25+ because of hormonal imbalance, heavy make-up, obsession for wines and over stress etc.
- Look for brightening skin care products with all natural ingredients, such as cranberry, liquorice, strawberry and papaya extract, they are rich in antioxidants, fruit acids and vitamin C that helps even the skin tone and leaving the skin glowing. Check out Kathleen Natural Amazing White Illuminating Serum.
- Hyaluronic acid has a super ability to attract and retain more than 1000 times their weight in water. It can be absorbed by the skin and keeps your skin plump.
- Coenzyme Q10 is a natural anti-aging hero that has energy carrier function to benefit the skin cell regeneration. Check out Kathleen Natural Glamour Ageless Anti-Aging Serum.
- Always cleanse hands and face thoroughly before applying any products in order to prevent germs, bacteria, dirt or other contaminating substances from being transferred from your fingers.
- If you can afford to set aside a facial fund, getting a facial every 4-6 weeks.